About Dr. Boyd
Considered a “Growth Coach” by some, a “Spiritual Director” by others, Dr. Stephen J. Boyd Ph.D, D.Min. is a licensed professional with over 25 years experience.
Dr. Boyd believes that everyone is gifted with natural talents by God and that there is a plan for your life that will lead to peace and fulfillment.
Dr. Boyd’s breadth of training is significant. His licensure includes:
- LPCC-S Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor – Supervising Clinical Counselor (OH)
- LMFT Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist – Supervisor MFT (KY)
Dr. Boyd’s board certification indicate areas that he has added to his training and is particularly passionate about including:
- NCP Nationally Certified Psychologist
- AAMFT Clinical Fellow of American Association for Marriage and Family Therapist
- FAAPC Fellow American Association of Pastoral Counselors
- DAPA Diplomate American Psychotherapy Association
- DAAFE Diplomate American Association of Forensic Examiners
His accomplishments include:
- Founding GrowthSpirit Counseling Centers and Wellness
- Creating an exclusive spiritual growth measuring tool for Spiritual Intelligence
- Developing Brief Focused course content for listening, rational thinking and team building seminars for organizations
- Developed an Assessment Process that helps individuals grow more quickly
- Educating the students of the Union Institute and University as an adjunct professor
- Lecturing at Miami University of Ohio for the Psychology Program and The Anthenaeum of Ohio for Seminarians
- Developed and delivered seminars on “Balance or Burnout – It’s a Matter of Margin” for the American Association of Pastoral Counselors, also a second seminar on Spiritual Intelligence
Born and Raised in Cincinnati, Dr. Boyd has been married for 22 years, he has a son, two dogs and two cats.
You can view Dr. Boyd’s IDAK profile here.